Judit Simon is the Head of the program line Health Economics at the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute Applied Diagnostics.
She is Professor of Health Economics, Head of the Department of Health Economics and Deputy Head of the Center for Public Health at Medical University of Vienna. She also holds a Visiting Professorship of Cognitive Health Economics at the University of Oxford. She is Fellow of the UK Faculty of Public Health through distinction, founding board member of the ISPOR Austria Chapter and sits on the advisory boards of Statistics Austria and the Austrian Public Health Institute.
With her multidisciplinary background in health economics, public health and medicine, her main research expertise include mental health economics, economic evaluation in health and medicine alongside clinical studies/RCTs, clinical guideline development, health services and systems research, outcome/effectiveness research, cost and economic burden studies, and evidence synthesis.
Specific previous and ongoing research projects funded by the ECNP, EU, LBG, MRC, UK NIHR and the WHO lie in the fields of mental health, public health, nutrition, cancer, diabetes, perinatology, personalised medicine, translational research, operationalization of the capability approach for outcome measurement and costing methods for economic evaluation.
On June, 18th 2018, Judit Simon was nominated as Section Editor for Health Economics of the BMJ Journal Evidence-Based Mental Health.
Medical University of Vienna
Coordinator of the Doctoral Programme Public Health
- BL22/23- Publich Health
- SSM2 - The Optimal Screening Programme for Breast Cancer
- Introduction to Health Economics
- International comparison of health care systems
- Public Health (Determinants of health and health care, Financing of health care, Economic evaluation II)
- Basic Lecture Series 1 Doctorate Public Health (Introduction into Health Economics, Health Care Systems, The Austrian Health Care System, Efficiency and Equity)
- Basic Lecture Series 1 Doctorate Public Health
- Public Health General
- Public Health Individual
- Public Health (A, B and C)
- Health Economics
- Health Economics and Evidenced Based Health Care
- Health Economics and Health Services Research
- Health Care Systems
- Evidenced-based health care evaluation and decision making
- Research Methods: Basic
- Research Methods: Health Economics
- Basis Module 1 Health Services
University of Oxford
Visiting Professor of Cognitive Health Economics at the Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford